It is currently Apr 20th, '24, 09:03

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Jul 5th, '16, 08:49 

Browsing for directories is very cumbersome and slows me down considerably. Any faster way to do that?
Preferably by providing a start-up path on the commandline, maybe even a pre-selected list of ""fullpath.movies"" that are passed to HAM on the commandline. Or offering a text field where I can paste a copied path, or drag/dropping folder - anything is better than dangling through the dir-tree each and every time.

Other than that, it seems a great program, from what I can tell after one day of test-driving it.

BTW, It does not keep my settings, probably because my temp-folder gets cleaned out every so often. Couldn't the important ini-files be kept in HAM's app folder? This would make the tool more portable, running from stick and not leaving traces on host computers.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Jul 8th, '16, 13:39 
Administrateur

Hi MOS ;)

1°) HamMultiPlayer was thought to select drives and then having a file list (to let user compare or delete files). I will have a look to what can be done to help you / improve usage...
2°) Yes, HamMultiPlayer keeps settings in "temp Dir", so cleaning it, cleans settings !

Except if you select : Save Beside (in preferences). Next time you restart the program, settings will be loaded ! (it generates a file called HamMultiPlayer.ini (stored beside HamMultiPlayer) and it can be moved with HamMultiPlayer)).

PS : Using a pre-defined HamMultiPlayer.ini on several different computers may cause display problems ! (Output drivers as an example)...

Always remember to use last version of HamMultiPlayer !.

Barnuble.

PostPosted: Jul 8th, '16, 18:37 

Thank you Barnuble,

"Save Beside" works great. Had seen it before, but didn't connect it to portable mode, the name suggested some kind of sidebar layout to save or not to save. Anyway, it's truly portable now. :D

Talking portable: It were nice if users could specify their own external players (set up via portable/ relative paths to the app folder) - to be independent from the host systems and their crappy players. Say by entering a line in the ini-file that specifies what player to use: ..\..\SMplayer\SMplayer.exe
or ..\..\vlc\vlc-portable.exe
something like that.

Also found out about how to provide mplayer in the app folder, to avoid unpacking it each and every time. Shortens startup time. 8-)

The only showstopper that keeps me from using it, is the dreadful browsing procedure. It's one thing to use the breadcrumb bar of a file manager, or hit Return a bunch of times to dive down into the depths of subfolders. But then having to do it all over again in HMP is just too much. The font size and +-signs come out very tiny on large screens with high res and high DPI. And it's quite a long way to drill down the folder branches. Only to start all over again at the next go-around, all the way from the top level root.

I don't mind the browsing tree at startup. If only it would appear already drilled-down to the spot from where I started HMP, the path I provided via commandline. They way it works with other Compare-tools (WinMerge etc) or Sync/Backup tools - they all open with the paths provided by command line arguments. Which makes these tools integrate nicely with your main work environment.

PostPosted: Nov 30th, '16, 20:09 
Administrateur

Hi Everybody,

New version 0.115 is available for downloading.

@MoveOnSteroids :

"It were nice if users could specify their own external players" => Can be done now (see preferences to select your external player).
"Browsing for directories is very cumbersome and slows me down considerably. Any faster way to do that" => History control should help you now.
"Couldn't the important ini-files be kept in HAM's app folder? " => Save beside is what you are looking for.

Many other things are present to help you... I have to continue writing documentation...

Barnuble.

PostPosted: Sep 16th, '19, 09:58 

you were visited with simply brilliant idea

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]